CALL FOR WORK-IN-PROGRESS
31 May15 June, 2014 (Final Deadline)
- Online Submission: Confy website
- Notification Date: 27 June 2014
- Camera-Ready Deadline: 14 July 2014
- Submission Format: a 2-page short-paper
The goal of the work-in-progress session is two-fold:
- To provide the opportunity for attendees to present and discuss preliminary results from their latest work obtaining some early feedback from the community
- To provide the opportunity to present position papers on emerging hot topics in the field of performance engineering motivating new research directions
Work-in-progress papers present promising preliminary results that may not have been fully validated yet. Although full validation is not required, the work presented should be advanced enough to allow attendees to appreciate its scope and significance.
Original submissions, not under any concurrent reviews, are solicited in all areas related to heterogeneous wired, wireless and hybrid networks varying from sensor, vehicle, cellular, ad hoc, enterprise, datacenter, to service-provider networks, ranging from in/on-body, personal/local/metropolitan/wide-area, to intra/inter-planetary scales.
Topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:
· Quality-of-Service (QoS) provisioning: architectures, protocols, mechanisms, etc
· Quality of Experience (QoE): user-perceived quality, cost-sensitive experience, etc
· Reliability and Scalability: performance, adaptation, cognition, extensibility, etc
· Security and Privacy: system/network security, user privacy/accountability, etc
· Robustness: fault/disruption/disaster-tolerance, resilience, survivability, etc
· Cross-Layer Design, Optimization and Implementation: spectrum/energy efficiency
· Social and Economic Perspectives: incentive, pricing, billing, governance, etc
· New Applications and Communication Technologies: cloud, smart grid, SDN, etc
Work-in-Progress submissions will be selected after a review process. The process has been designed to acknowledge the early-stage nature of the work. Please visit the Submission page for detailed submission requirements and procedures.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register at the full rate, attend the conference and present the paper. We reserve the right to exclude papers accepted but not presented from the conference proceedings submitted for archiving and indexing.
All presented papers in the conference will be published in the proceedings of the conference and submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.